Achieving Greater was founded in 2011 by Angela Gunning after leaving Ofsted as a social care inspector for 8 years. Angela brings 20 years’ experience of working for and inspecting a variety of children’s care and education settings.
Angela is passionate about sharing her experience, knowledge and understanding of education, care work and social care regulation to give sound, grounded advice and guidance to the children’s residential care sector. In 2007 when Angela joined the new Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted), she suggested an alternative vision statement to the one proposed. She recommended putting ‘care’ ahead of ‘education’ as the UK lagged behind other countries in the ‘care’ of children and young people. The new Ofsted vision statement then became ‘we inspect and regulate to achieve excellence in the care of children and young people, and in education and skills for learners of all ages’. She continues to liaise with the Department of Education (Dfe) and Ofsted in her desire and commitment to provide support and advice to the children’s residential care sector.
- Improving standards and outcomes for children and young people
- Engaging children and young people in service development
- Delivering results
- Project management
- Working in partnership & teams
- Youth work
- Care work
- Social Care Inspection & Regulation
- Social Care consultancy advice and support
- B.Ed (Hons) Home Economics
- MA Health Education (Europe)
- Dip. Level 5 Children & Young People